Do you struggle with negative self-image? Derick Howell is a public speaker and an anxiety coach who’s been honing his techniques for more than a decade. Our Instaread on Eliminate Negative Thinking will restore your energy and help you move forward with a better attitude.
Here are 7 quick tricks for breaking negative thought patterns.
- Talk about it. Sharing your emotions with others is an easy way to gain perspective on your problems and find a solution.
- Change your perspective. Instead of considering yourself a failure when you face a challenge, look at your situation with an open mind.
- Great creative. Creating art helps you better understand yourself—and it’s a quick way to boost your mood.
- Practice positive affirmations. When you repeat statements to yourself, they become imprinted on your consciousness. Make sure you’re saying something nice.
- Move. A short walk, jog, or workout will help ease anxiety and reset your mind.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Being thankful for simple things in your life will help you develop a greater appreciation for your situation.
- Practice deep breathing. Deep breaths help your brain relax, and you can do it anytime, anywhere.
Read our full summary of Eliminate Negative Thinking. . .